Monday, May 7, 2007

Cruising


I came into work early today so I had a little time to drive the streets. It was worth my time for this little slice of life. TOP:The tires creaked on the sidewalk and Brighty the dog watched as Jeremiah Sharrow, 3 inched his way down the sidewalk in front of his Howard Street home in a vintage Jet Flow Drive peddle car. Sharrow worked part of the morning on the pressed metal car with his Papa Louie Oliver to get the pedals working for a test drive. BOTTOM: Tat tat tat sang from the ratchet as Jeremiah Sharrow, 3 used his mighty muscles to fix the loose peddles on his Papa, Louie Oliver's vintage Jet Flow Drive pressed metal fire truck with the help of his older brother Matthew Sharrow, 5. Oliver dug the truck out of his garage Monday morning to fix it up for his grandkids. Oliver found the car three years ago at a garage sale for $35. "I had one when I was a kid," Oliver said with a smile as Jeremiah peddled his way down the side walk in front of his Howard Street home. "I had to have it."

No comments: