Friday, November 30, 2007

Ode to the Muskrat

I shot my first basketball game of the season tonight in Algonac. I have been working at the paper for a little more than a year and a half and tonight was the first time I set foot in Algonac High School's gym. They have this giant muskrat on the wall. I'm not sure what to think about it. I have heard the animals can be quite nasty but this little guy despite crashing through the gym wall at halftime seems to have a glint of sparkle in his eye. I couldn't help but make a photo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My high school's mascot was a bear and this was the painting in our gym: http://www.monroec.k12.in.us/

We used to joke that they tried to make it overly ferocious (little kids have been known to cry at the sight). I guess I've now seen both ends of the spectrum -- pretty darn scary and not so scary :)