Saturday, May 2, 2009

Jinny Sheldon

I hit the road running this morning. My first stop of many was to Jinny Sheldon's house. The story goes, Jinny had some mold in her lawn and some ladies from the community visited her house last week to do some clean up and were supposed to come back to plant grass seed this morning but couldn't make it. Jinny made a few phone calls from her kitchen table while I waited. I had some time to spare so I stayed almost an hour hoping the work ladies would show. They didn't, but my hour this morning with Jinny in her kitchen was the best one so far today. She's a retired kindergarten teacher who once had a turkey spend three days in her class room. We talked about life and teaching and growing and getting older mostly the human spirit. Yesterday was May Day and just like every year for the past 60 She found a May Basket waiting for her. Someone must really think she is special. I know I do. Thanks Jinny your visit. I really enjoyed myself.

1 comment: