Saturday, October 31, 2009

Poisoned chocolate

What ever happened to good old trick or treating? My sister and I along with my cousins would pile into my aunt's Astro van and leave the side door open so we could jump out at each driveway to fetch the loot. Before that, Dad would hitch up a trailer to the lawn tractor and we would make our way down the street making sure we didn't miss any houses that had their porch lights on. If no one came to the door we wouldn't leave the porch without looking in the window. Come on who doesn't hand out candy to kids!

Now it seem everyone piles into their Caravan or Town and Country and has to go to these new Trunk or Treats when it's light outside and in a safe environment. Half of the fun is running though the mud and wanting to eat a piece in the sugar filled pillowcase before my dad could convince me that all the chocolate bars were poisoned. He always had to eat them just to make sure.


No comments: