Thursday, October 8, 2009

More than Dominoes


Wednesday John and I went to dinner at my grandparents house and after all of the eatin' was over the dominoes came out of their box. Most of my childhood I can remember spending my summers around their dinning room table dealing and playing some kind of card game or another. On occasion we would even play for quarters and that's how you knew things were getting serious. I've been spending a lot more time with family as of lately and yet it still seems that I don't get to see the most important people in my life as much as I would like. A conversation with a good friend over lunch this week helped me realized just how important my family is to me. In aw of this revisited discovery I'm going to try to document the little things in the lives that mean the most to the people I can't live without in hopes of keeping memories alive that will someday be lost. By the way after seven games, I only came away a winner in two of them... I spent most of my time watching for cheaters across the table, but I'm not here to name names.

No comments: