Thursday, February 18, 2010

Samuel

When I called the office this afternoon I was told I needed to shoot a portrait of Samuel Chapman, 76 a man who had marched in a Civil Rights movement through the streets of Port Huron in his younger years. When I walked in the front door I looked to the right and seen the walls covered in photographs of his children and grandchildren and the light was wonderful coming in the south window, I knew this was the place he needed to be. I listened to the words that made up his faded memories, he often paused to chase the words through his mind before apologizing about not being able to recall all of the details, but I'm sure the pride he felt while marching is as vivid as the birth of his children. I just love hearing stories from those who have lived a lifetime.

1 comment:

Keith King said...

Telling photo and very well written Wendy.